How to Convert MKV, MP4, AVI, And Other Video Formats to DVD Format
Whether it’s a smartphone, PC, tablet, HDTV, or any other media player, these devices can always be found playing various popular and common video formats like MP4 or MKV. Today media player devices have emerged as a powerful, portable, and standalone home video entertainment systems having support for most of the popular video formats.
But unfortunately DVD players don’t come under this category. Older and even new DVD players don’t have a direct support for playing MKV, MP4, or AVI videos. But don’t worry as you can convert your favorite MP4 videos and burn them to a DVD disc. These discs can then be played on any DVD player.
The software that will help you achieve this objective is . So, let’s see how to make DVDs from MKV, MP4, AVI and other video formats.
Part 1: DVDFab DVD Creator: Quick Intro and Download Links
DVDFab DVD Creator is a powerful DVD creator software program which has the ability to convert any known video format to DVD format, DVD ISO, or a DVD folder. Well, we aren’t sure completely but you can convert a lot of video formats to DVD video format. People who are looking to convert their personal home videos which were shot using their smartphones can reap benefits by using DVDFab DVD Creator.
Now people may get confused over the terms DVD ISO and DVD Folder. A DVD ISO is an exact image of a physical DVD that you can store on your PC’s hard drive and can burn later to a blank DVD disc. A DVD Folder is also an exact copy of the audio and video data stored on the physical DVD disc.
A DVD Folder is like a directory which contains DVD movie files. DVDFab gives you the freedom of creating DVD discs, ISOs, and folders from your MKV MP4, and other video formats.
DVDFab DVD Creator is an integral part of DVDFab 11. So you have to download and install it. Check the download links below.
· DVDFab 11 Online Installer File for Windows and Mac –
· DVDFab 11 Offline Installer (Full Software Package) for Windows and Mac –
Scroll down and look for DVDFab 11. Download the software and follow the on-screen instruction for a successful installation.
A Word of Advice: If this is your first time for installing DVDFab 11 then you can enjoy a full 30-day trial of the DVDFab DVD Creator with no limits. But if have previously crossed the 30-day trial period then you have to buy the paid version.
Part 2: How to Use DVDFab DVD Creator to Convert MKV, MP4, AVI and More Other Video Formats to DVD Disc, ISO, or Folder
· Once the software gets installed on your PC or Mac open the program and click the ‘Creator’ tab and select the ‘Creator Mode’ as ‘DVD Creator’.
· After selecting the creator mode click the ‘+Add from Local’ button or the big ‘plus’ button in the middle to load a video file(s) of your choice (can be MKV, MP4 or any other video format).
· After loading the file the interface looks like this below. Also check the important labelling.
· On the main interface you can select ‘Audio Language’, and ‘Subtitles’ from your video. You can also preserve all the audio languages if your MP4 video supports multi audio streams.
· Click the ‘Advanced Settings’ button and change the settings like ‘Output’, ‘Video Quality’, ‘TV Standard – (NTSC or PAL)’, and ‘Aspect Ratio’.
· If in ‘Video Quality’ you select ‘Same as Source’, then the video quality and size will stay same with the original source. While if you choose “Fit to Disc”, DVDFab will make the video source fit the size of the target disc.
Special Note #1: Please note that this software can output to either DVD5 or DVD9. DVD5 is a normal single layer 4.7GB disc while DVD9 is a dual layer 8.5GB disc.
Special Note #2: You can add multiple video files in the DVDFab DVD Creator at once to create a single DVD. You can add multiple videos simultaneously as long as the size fits the DVD capacity. If suppose while adding videos the size gets over 4300MB and you want to keep the quality of the original videos, you should select DVD9 as output which has a capacity of 8100MB according to DVDFab 11.
Special Note #3: DVDFab DVD Creator is able to create and burn physical discs of both DVD types which are DVD5 and DVD9. You can also create DVD5 or DVD9 type ISO or Folder and burn them later.
· Now click the ‘Set Menu’ button to launch the DVD menu designer. It looks like this image below.
· You can change the DVD menu backgrounds from the backgrounds list which will appear on clicking the ‘backgrounds’ icon.
· Click anywhere in the free space of DVD menu frame to open the menu templates in the right corner. Click any template to apply it immediately.
· Click on any text to edit or format it. Click the ‘T’ button to add new texts.
· After editing the menu click the ‘OK’ button to go back to main interface of DVD Creator.
Part 2.1: Burn MKV, MP4, AVI to DVDs or Save as DVD ISO or Save As DVD Folder
Now for converting your MP4, MKV, or AVI videos to DVD format you have three options which are discussed as follows.
1. Physical DVD: If you have a physical DVD5 or DVD9 then you can burn it using DVDFab DVD Creator. Make sure you are using the correct blank DVD according to the DVD output that you selected in ‘Advanced Settings’. In the ‘Save to’ field the optical drive should be selected. Click the ‘Copies’ field and change the number if you want to make multiple copies of DVDs. Then click the ‘Start’ button and you’ll be asked to insert a blank DVD in the optical drive. Just wait for some time until the DVD gets burned. After the process gets completed you can directly play that disc on your DVD player.
2. DVD ISO: If you don’t want to burn a physical disc right now then you should save an ISO. Click the ‘ISO’ button and select the output directory, name your ISO and save it. Then click the ‘Start’ button to start creating a DVD ISO from your MP4, MKV, AVI or any other video formats. You can anytime burn this ISO to a blank DVD5 or DVD9 disc and can play on your DVD player.
3. DVD Folder: Just next to the ‘ISO’ button a ‘Folder’ button is also given. You can save the MP4, MKV movies as DVD folder format. Click the ‘Folder’ icon, select the output directory and save your DVD folder. Finally click ‘Start’ button to start converting your MP4 videos to this DVD folder.
Part 3: Why Choose DVDFab DVD Creator
Here are some reasons for choosing DVDFab DVD Creator.
· If you are looking to convert video formats to DVD video format, including convert MKV to DVD, MP4 to DVD, AVI to DVD, WMV to DVD, etc.
· If you want to make low resolution video backups for your existing MP4 videos. DVDs can hold data for a very long time (years), if kept well.
· If you want to play your personal MP4 videos on your DVD player.
· If you want to make a single DVD out of your multiple MP4, MKV videos using the DVD5 or DVD9 output.
· In DVDFab DVD Creator you also have a fully functional DVD menu designer which lets you design the menu as per your needs.
· There are many built-in templates that you can apply and many backgrounds are also available for quick menu customization.
So, you just saw a remarkable way to convert your MP4, MKV, AVI, and to lots of other video formats to DVD. All the credit goes to the powerful and useful software which not only burns MP4, MKV, AVI to DVDs but also creates DVD ISOs and folder. Because DVD has a low resolution of 480p therefore you can create a single DVD (DVD5 or DVD9) out of multiple videos of different formats. Though the resolution will be low but you can still enjoy the visuals.
So, it is up to you now, how will you use this software to create DVDs using your MP4 or MKV videos collection. Just download, install the software and find out.
This article shows you how to make DVDs from videos, but if you also want to copy DVDs, you may have a look at the post .
① Produce studio-level home DVDs out of all formats of videos
② Burn the created DVDs to blank discs or save as ISO files/folders
③ Support all types of blank discs like DVD±R and DVD±RW
④ Offer multiple sets of beautifully crafted menu templates
⑤ Support GPU hardware acceleration to convert much faster