How to manually flash the firmware of DVDFab Movie Server?
Occasionally, due to the network issue, you might experience some difficulty upgrading the firmware over the air (OTA). When this happens, you can also try to manually flash the firmware via a USB flash drive. However, be aware that by doing this way, your Movie Server will be reset to the factory settings, meaning you will lose all the installed apps and login information, and you will need to start all over again, from the setup process. That said, the data in the 3.5” SATA hard drive would not be affected.
Step 1 > Download the firmware and unzip the sdk.rar file. Copy the four files (bootargs.bin, fastboot.bin, recovery.img and update.zip) to the root directory of any FAT32 USB flash drive;
Download SDK here: http://download.dvdfab.cn/testing/SDK.rar
Step 2 > Power off the Movie Server and plug the USB flash drive into the USB port;
Step 3 > Press and hold the Reset button with a toothpick/needle;
Step 4 > Turn on the Power Switch 10 seconds before you release the Reset button, you will see Android robot showing up in the display, wait until the firmware is flashed;
Step 5 > Once the firmware is flashed, you can then setup the Movie Server again.
- How to manually correct the inaccurate metadata information of a specified movie on the Movie Server?
- How to format the hard disk drive on the Movie Server?
- How to access the shared folder on Windows from the Movie Server?
- How to access the media files of the Movie Server on your PC?
- How does the Reset button on the Movie Server work?